In 2017, the term for some of our ISSR Officers and Council members will expire. According to the ISSR Constitution (Article 17), Council members (formally: directors) are eligible for consecutive re-election only once, unless they assume the function of President, Vice-President, General Secretary, or Treasurer. Nominations are open for all Council and Executive positions listed in the table below, irrespective of whether the incumbent (listed) is eligible for re-election or not.
|Current officer / member||Eligible for re-election|
|General Secretary||Siniša Zrinščak||Yes|
|Iberic Penninsula||Helena Vilaca||Yes|
|Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean||Christina Gutierrez Zuniga||Yes|
|Brasil and South America||Roberto Motta||No|
|United Kingdom||David Voas||Yes|
This means that we need in any case candidates for the Benelux countries, Germany, and Brasil and South America.
We encourage ISSR members from respective countries/regions think about their candidates and to encourage them to be nominated.
Elections will be held in April 2015. All nominations must be sent to the General Secretary no later than 15th March 2017 ().
We remind you that in general:
For the position of General Secretary and Treasurer, candidates must:
- Submit their Curriculum Vitae of up to 500 words in both languages
- Submit 2 letters of support from ISSR members in good standing
For the position of Council member candidates must:
- At the time of election, reside/work in the country or region that they are to represent
- Submit their Curriculum Vitae of up to 300 words in both languages
- Submit 2 letters of support from ISSR members in good standing from the respective country/region